- IV infusionIpilimumabYervoy
- Mechanism of Action
- A monoclonal antibody against cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 (CTLA-4), a T cell inhibitory molecule that binds to B7 and prevents its binding to CD28.
The B7 : CD28 complex normally potentiates the binding of T cell receptors to MHC/antigen complexes on antigen-presenting cells, stimulating T cell proliferation and differentiation.
CTLA-4 is expressed on the surface of T cells after activation, and provides inhibitory signalling to T cells by binding B7.
Binding to anti-CTLA-4 antibodies to CTLA-4 leaves B7 free to continue to bind to CD28 and provide ongoing T cell costimulation.
- Unresectable or metastatic melanoma
- Intermediate / poor risk advanced renal cell carcinoma
- Adverse Effects
- Endocrinopathies - hypopituitarism, hypothyroidism, adrenal insufficiency
- GI toxicity - colitis
- Hepatotoxicity - LFT derangement
- Skin - rash / pruritis
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea