Intravenous Potassium Chloride
Indicated if PO intake not possible / K⁺ <3.0mmol/L / ECG disturbances
IV potassium should not be administered at a rate of greater than 10mmol/hour.
- 10mmol of potassium replacement is expected to increased serum potassium concentration by approximately 1mmol/L.
- Adverse Effects
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge