Oral / rectal
- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits cyclooxygenase, the enzyme responsible for production of thromboxanes, prostacyclin and prostaglandins from arachidonic acid.
- Competitively and non-selectively binds to COX.
- Pain – including migraine and musculoskeletal injury
- Inflammation – especially associated with arthritides
- Adverse Effects
- Gastritis / peptic ulceration
- Hypertension / fluid retention / congestive cardiac failure / MI
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Elevated LFTs
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge