- Mechanism of Action
- Not completely known, though believed to have an effect at the distal convoluted tubule. Also thought to stimulate production of prostaglandin E2, resulting in vasodilation and decreased total peripheral resistance.
- First line therapy for hypertension, in combination with an ACEi or ARB.
- Adverse Effects
- Muscle cramps
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge