- Oral / TopicalIbuprofenAdvil / Brufen / Nurofen
Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits cyclooxygenase, the enzyme responsible for production of thromboxanes, prostacyclin and prostaglandins from arachidonic acid.
- Competitively and non-selectively binds to COX.
- Pain - including migraine and musculoskeletal injury
- Inflammation - especially associated with arthritides
- Adverse Effects
- Gastritis / peptic ulceration
- Hypertension / fluid retention / congestive cardiac failure / MI
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Elevated LFTs