Oral / IV
- Mechanism of Action
- Relaxes vascular smooth muscle (predominantly arterioles) through opening of potassium channels, resulting in reduced afterload.
- Hypertensive crisis (IV)
- Refractory hypertension (oral)
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
- Tachycardia / palpitations
- Arthralgia / myalgia
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge