- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits potassium channels on pancreatic beta cell membranes, resulting in calcium influx and thus insulin release.
- Glycaemic control for type II diabetes - second line
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhea
- Thrombocytopaenia / leukopaenia / haemolytic anaemia
- Weight gain
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge