- Mechanism of Action
- Contains a monoclonal antibody directed toward CD-33 linked to a chemotherapeutic agent, allowing for targeted delivery of cytotoxic chemotherapy to CD33-positive cells.
The chemotherapeutic agent, N-acetyl gamma calicheamicin, is activated within targeted cells and induces double-standed DNA breaks.
- CD33 positive acute myeloid leukaemia.
- Adverse Effects
- Infusion reactions
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge