- OralGefitinibIressaAcneiform rash can be a major concern
- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), a transmembrane amino acid receptor tyrosine kinase found in approximately 15% of non small cell lung cancers.
- EGFR mutations affect downstream signalling pathways resulting in cell proliferation
- Inhibition of these receptors disrupts this proliferation pathway.
- Advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with EGFR mutation
- Adverse Effects
- Acneiform rash
- Ocular changes
- Nail changes
- Interstitial lung disease