- Mechanism of Action
- Not fully described, though believed to modulate GABA synthesis. Also binds to the α2δ-1 subunit of voltage-gated calcium channels, resulting in reduced nociceptive neurotransmission.
- Partial seizures
- Neuropathic pain
- Adverse Effects
- Weight gain
- Dizziness / ataxia
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge