- Mechanism of Action
- Directly inhibits the pyrophosphate binding sites of viral DNA polymerase, resulting in premature DNA termination.
- Broad spectrum of activity against HSV1/2, VZV, CMV, hepatitis B and HIV.
- Treatment of CMV retinitis in patients with AIDS
- Aciclovir-resistant herpes simplex virus (HSV) infections
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
- Neutropaenia / anaemia
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge