- Mechanism of Action
- Directly inhibits ADH, which metabolizes methanol and ethylene glycol into toxic metabolites formic acid and glycolic acid respectively.
- Higher affinity for ADH than ethanol.
- Methanol or ethylene glycol poisoning.
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting
- Metallic taste
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge