Oral / IV
- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits fungal synthesis of ergosterol, and element of the fungal cell membrane.
- Effective against Cryptococcus and Candida.
- Cryptococcal meningitis
- Invasive candidiasis
- Adverse Effects
- With systemic use only:
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge