Oral / IV
Flopen, Fluclox, Staphylex
- Mechanism of Action
- A beta lactam antibiotic that inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis.
- Effective against most staphylococci due to ability to resist breakdown by beta lactamase.
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Peritonsillar abscess
- Bacterial endocarditis
- Rheumatic fever
- Adverse Effects
- Hypersensitivity - urticarial rash, oedema, anaphylaxis
- GIT - nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
- Thrombocytopaenia / leukopaenia
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge