- Mechanism of Action
- Binds to and inhibits fast sodium channels responsible for rapid depolarisation during phase 0 of the cardiomyocyte action potential.
- Prophylaxis of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia
- Acute management of ventricular tachycardia
- Adverse Effects
- Dizziness / headache / visual changes
- Ventricular arrhythmias – VT / VF
- Bradyarrhythmia – sinus bradycardia, heart block
- Heart failure
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge