- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits xanthine oxidase, which normally produces uric acid through oxidation of xanthine and hypoxanthine.
- Gout - acute gouty arthritis, reduction in gouty tophi
- Tumour lysis syndrome
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
- Hypersensitivity reactions
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge