Half-life ~30 hours
- Mechanism of Action
- Forms a complex with FKBP-12 to inhibit mTOR, a key regulatory protein, and induces cell cycle arrest of T cells, B cells and other non-immune cells.
- Prevention of graft rejection following kidney, liver or heart transplantation
- Adverse Effects
- Infections (particularly respiratory and urinary tract)
- Poor wound healing
- Mouth ulcers
- Male hypogonadism
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge