Oral / IV
- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits H⁺ / K⁺ ATPase, the channel responsible for pumping gastric acid into the lumen.
- A prodrug that requires gastric acid in order to be activated.
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Peptic ulceration
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhea
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge