Ergometrine + Oxytocin
- Mechanism of Action
- Combines both oxytocin and an ergot alkaloid, which stimulate contraction of uterine and vascular smooth muscle.
- Management of the third stage of labour
- Prevention and treatment of postpartum haemorrhage due to atonic uterus
- Severe hypertension / eclampsia / preeclampsia
- Peripheral vascular disease / ischaemic heart disease
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
- Coronary vasospasm
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge