- Mechanism of Action
- Inserted between DNA base pairs, resulting in inhibition of topoisomerase II.
- Certain solid organ and haematologic organ malignancies, as guided by cancer specialists and local guidelines.
- Adverse Effects
- Bone marrow suppression – leucopaenia / anaemia / thrombocytopaenia
- Cardiomyopathy / congestive cardiac failure
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea / anorexia
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge