- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) in the proximal tubules, resulting in reduced glucose reabsorption and glycosuria.
- Glycaemic control in type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Prevention of cardiovascular events in patients with cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes
- Adverse Effects
- Genitourinary infections (due to glycosuria)
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge