- Mechanism of Action
- A humanised monoclonal antibody directed against the terminal complement protein C5 that inhibits its cleavage into C5a and C5b, thus preventing formation of the membrane attack complex.
- Paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria
- Atypical haemolytic uraemic syndrome (aHUS)
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Meningococcal infection
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge