Binds D2 and D3 receptors; doesn’t cross the BBB
- Mechanism of Action
- Antagonise CNS dopamine receptors, resulting in reduction in nausea and increased upper GI motility.
- Nausea / vomiting
- Adverse Effects
- Restlessness / anxiety / agitation
- Headache / dizziness
- Dystonic reactions (rare)
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge