Less cardio depression than with verapamil
- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits L-type calcium channels on ventricular myocardial, cardiac nodal and arteriolar smooth muscle cells.
- Non-selectively inhibit calcium channels in the heart and arterioles, resulting in cardiac depression and vasodilation.
- Angina pectoris
- Rate control of atrial fibrillation
- Prophylaxis for paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (verapamil)
- Prevention of cluster headaches (verapamil)
- Prophylaxis of migraine (verapamil)
- AV block
- Heart failure
- Beta blockers – due to cardio depression
- Adverse Effects
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge