- Mechanism of Action
- An IgG monoclonal antibody that binds to and inhibits RANK ligand, a cytokine normally responsible for stimulation of osteoclastic maturation and function.
- Bone metastases
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (refractory to bisphosphonates)
- Adverse Effects
- Back pain / myalgia / arthralgia
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge