Cytarabine / Cytosine Arabinoside
- Mechanism of Action
- Incorporated into DNA, resulting in disruption of DNA synthesis through inhibition of DNA polymerase activity.
- Certain haematologic organ malignancies, as guided by cancer specialists and local guidelines.
- Adverse Effects
- Bone marrow suppression – anaemia / leukopaenia / thrombocytopaenia
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea / anorexia
- Stomatitis / mouth ulcers
- Elevated LFTs
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge