- Oral / IVCyclosporinSandimmun, Neoral
Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits T cell activation as well as transcription of IL-2 and other cytokines, through inhibition of calcineurin-mediated activation of NFAT.
- Prevention of graft rejection following kidney, liver or heart transplantation
- Nephrotic syndrome refractory to other medications
- Severe rheumatoid arthritis refractory to other medications
- Severe psoriasis refractory to other medications
- Severe atopic dermatitis refractory to other medications
- Adverse Effects
- Increased risk of infection (immunosuppression)
- Fluid overload
- LFT derangement
- Renal impairment
- Baseline and regular electrolytes, renal function, LFTs, FBC and lipids.