Oral / IV
- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits T cell activation as well as transcription of IL-2 and other cytokines, through inhibition of calcineurin-mediated activation of NFAT.
- Prevention of graft rejection following kidney, liver or heart transplantation
- Nephrotic syndrome refractory to other medications
- Severe rheumatoid arthritis refractory to other medications
- Severe psoriasis refractory to other medications
- Severe atopic dermatitis refractory to other medications
- Adverse Effects
- Increased risk of infection (immunosuppression)
- Fluid overload
- LFT derangement
- Renal impairment
- Baseline and regular electrolytes, renal function, LFTs, FBC and lipids.
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge