Used to prevent postoperative nausea / vomiting
- Mechanism of Action
- Inverse agonist to histamine H1 receptors, having the opposite effect of histamine.
- Readily crosses the blood-brain barrier, resulting in drowsiness as a side effect.
- Allergic rhinitis
- Motion sickness
- Nausea / vomiting
- Adverse Effects
- Dry mouth
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge