Compound Sodium Lactate (Hartmanns)
- More physiologic than 0.9% sodium chloride, resulting in less metabolic acidosis.
- Maintenance fluids
- Fluid replacement for burns patients (via Parkland formula)
- Fluid overload - congestive cardiac failure, severe renal impairment, excessive IV fluids
- Lactic acidosis
- Adverse Effects
- Fluid overload – electrolyte abnormalities, oedema
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge