Clopidogrel + Aspirin
- OralClopidogrel + AspirinCoPlavix
Mechanism of Action
- Irreversibly inhibit the binding of adenosine diphosphate (ADP) to platelet P2Y₁₂ receptors, resulting in reduced platelet activation and aggregation.
- Clopidogrel is a pro-drug that requires enzymatic activation.
- Acute coronary syndrome (in conjunction with aspirin)
- Prevention of in-stent thrombosis following percutaneous coronary intervention
- Prevention of vascular ischaemia following stroke, MI or peripheral vascular disease (clopidogrel)
- Active bleeding
- Intracranial haemorrhage
- Adverse Effects
- Gastritis / peptic ulceration
- Elevated LFTs