Clopidogrel + Aspirin
- Mechanism of Action
- Irreversibly inhibit the binding of adenosine diphosphate (ADP) to platelet P2Y₁₂ receptors, resulting in reduced platelet activation and aggregation.
- Clopidogrel is a pro-drug that requires enzymatic activation.
- Acute coronary syndrome (in conjunction with aspirin)
- Prevention of in-stent thrombosis following percutaneous coronary intervention
- Prevention of vascular ischaemia following stroke, MI or peripheral vascular disease (clopidogrel)
- Active bleeding
- Intracranial haemorrhage
- Adverse Effects
- Gastritis / peptic ulceration
- Elevated LFTs
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge