Oral / IV
[Peak] 2-3 hours
Half-life 18-50 hours
- Mechanism of Action
- Positively modulates GABAA receptors (BZ1 and BZ2), augmenting the inhibitory effects of the GABA neurotransmitter.
- Acute anxiety
- Tranquilization – in the acute psychiatric setting
- Status epilepticus
- Adverse Effects
- Muscle weakness
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge