- Mechanism of Action
- A selective oestrogen receptor modulator (SERM) that inhibits hypothalamic oestrogen receptors, resulting in reduced negative feedback of oestrogen on FSH and LH release. Increased FSH and LH stimulates ovarian follicle maturation, ovulation and development of the corpus luteum.
- Infertility due to ovulation failure.
- Ovarian failure
- Pituitary, thyroid or adrenal dysfunction
- Liver disease
- Adverse Effects
- Ovarian enlargement
- Abdominal pain / distension
- Nausea / vomiting
- Visual symptoms
- Breast tenderness
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge