- Mechanism of Action
- Analogues of nucleotides that are incorporated into viral DNA by viral DNA polymerase, resulting in premature DNA termination.
- Active against cytomegalovirus (CMV).
- Treatment of CMV retinitis in patients with AIDs.
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge