- Mechanism of Action
- Synthetic vitamin D₃, which stimulates intestinal calcium / phosphate absorption and increased expression of RANK-ligand on osteoblast cell surfaces, resulting in a net increase in serum calcium and phosphate.
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Prevention and treatment of osteoporosis
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge