Mechanism of Action
- A monoclonal antibody directed against epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR / HER1), which is involved in cell signalling and is overexpressed in certain cancers. Inhibition of EGFR signalling pathways results in cell cycle arrest.
- Metastatic colorectal cancer that is EGFR positive, RAS wild type
- Locally advanced / metastatic squamous cell cancer of the head & neck
- May not be used in the presence of RAS or BRAF mutations (must be wild type).
- Adverse Effects
- Acneiform rash
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea / constipation
- Abdominal pain
- Elevated LFTs