Better CNS penetration than crizotinib
- Mechanism of Action
- Anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) is a novel receptor tyrosine kinase associated with ~60% of anaplastic large-cell lymphoma and ~5% of non-small cell lung cancer. Inhibition of these receptors interrupts downstream signalling pathways and suppresses cellular proliferation.
- ALK-positive locally advanced or metastatic non small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Adverse Effects
- Visual phenomena
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
- LFT derangement
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge