- OralCarvedilolDilatrendÎ²1, Î²2 and Î±1 antagonist effects
- Mechanism of Action
- Competitively inhibits the action of adrenaline and noradrenaline on Î²1 and Î²2 receptors, resulting in reduced contractility, reduced heart rate and vasoconstriction.
- Also inhibits Î±1 receptors, resulting in vasodilatation.
- Hypertension â€“ second line therapy, indicated for patients with heart failure
- Heart failure
- Decompensated heart failure
- AV block
- Adverse Effects
- Fatigue / headache
- Postural hypotension
- Vivid dreams