Converted to 5-fluorouracil once absorbed orally
- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits thymidylate synthase, resulting in reduced production of dTMP and reduced DNA synthesis.
- Certain solid organ malignancies, as guided by cancer specialists and local guidelines.
- Adverse Effects
- Severe diarrhoea
- Nausea / vomiting
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge