Used to treat stable heart failure only
- Mechanism of Action
- Competitively inhibit the action of adrenaline and noradrenaline on β1 receptors (the predominant β receptors in the heart), resulting in suppression of the sympathetic nervous system with negative inotropy, chronotropy, dromotropy and lusiotropy.
- Stable heart failure
- Decompensated heart failure
- AV block
- Adverse Effects
- Fatigue / headache
- Postural hypotension
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge