- IMBenzathine PenicillinBicillinBenzathine is a stabiliser - weekly / fortnightly dosing
Mechanism of Action
- A beta lactam antibiotic that inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis.
- Mostly active against gram positive cocci (except for staphylococci) and some gram negative cocci.
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Peritonsillar abscess
- Bacterial endocarditis
- Rheumatic fever
- Adverse Effects
- Hypersensitivity - urticarial rash, oedema, anaphylaxis
- GIT - nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
- Thrombocytopaenia / leukopaenia