- Mechanism of Action
- A mouse / human chimaeric monoclonal antibody that binds and inhibits IL-2 receptors (CD-25) on activated T cells, resulting in reduced T cell proliferation.
- Prevention of acute renal transplant rejection.
- Adverse Effects
- Does not appear to significantly add to the adverse events already seen in transplant patients due to underlying disease or immunosuppressant medications.
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea / constipation
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge