- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4), an enzyme that hydrolyses cAMP in many cell types. Increased cAMP results in reduced proinflammatory TNFα, IL-23 and IL-17, as well as increased anti-inflammatory IL-10.
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Plaque psoriasis
- Adverse Effects
- Diarrhoea / nausea / vomiting
- Infections (particularly upper respiratory tract infection)
- Arthralgias / myalgias
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge