No liver metabolism - can be used in patients with liver failure
- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits synthesis of beta (1,3)-D-glucan, an essential component of the fungal / yeast cell wall.
- Effective against invasive candidiasis and invasive aspergillosis.
- Febrile neutropaenia with suspected fungal source
- Invasive candidiasis
- Refractory invasive aspergillosis
- Adverse Effects
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge