- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits L-type calcium channels on ventricular myocardial, cardiac nodal and arteriolar smooth muscle cells.
- Selectively inhibits calcium channels on arteriolar smooth muscle cells, resulting in significant vasodilation without cardiodepression.
- Hypertension – first line treatment
- Stable angina pectoris
- Heart failure.
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / abdo pain
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge