Reduce dose in renal insufficiency
- Mechanism of Action
- Stimulates insulin secretion by inhibiting dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4), an enzyme that normally degrades incretin hormones.
- Stimulates insulin secretion in hyperglycaemia, and Inhibits glucagon secretion in hyperglucagonaemia.
- Glycaemic control for type II diabetes
- Adverse Effects
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge