MabCampath (CLL), LemTrada (MS)
- Mechanism of Action
- A humanized monoclonal antibody that binds to CD-52 receptors found on mature lymphocytes, initiating complement-mediated and antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity.
- B cell chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL)
- Relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Adverse Effects
- Bone marrow suppression – leucopaenia, anaemia, thrombocytopaenia
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea / anorexia
- Arthralgia / myalgia
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge