- Mechanism of Action
- Inactivated recombinant factor Xa that strongly binds the factor Xa inhibitors apixaban and rivaroxaban, inactivating them and preventing their anticoagulant effect.
- Recurrence of anticoagulation may occur following the end of the infusion.
- Reversal of apixaban or rivaroxaban in the event of life-threatening or uncontrolled bleeding.
- Adverse Effects
- Thrombotic events - due to reversal of anticoagulant
- Infections - urinary tract infections, pneumonia
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge