- Mechanism of Action
- A naturally ocurring purine nucleoside that supresses the sinoatrial node, shortens phase 2 of the cardiomyocyte action potential and supresses AV nodal conduction through effects on potassium and calcium currents.
- Acute management of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia
- Diagnosis of supraventricular tachycardia
- Adverse Effects
- Bradyarrhythmias – bradycardia, heart block
- Chest pain
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge