Actinomycin D / Dactinomycin
- Mechanism of Action
- Binds to DNA, resulting in prevention of RNA transcription and protein synthesis.
- Bone marrow-sparing, therefore often used when other antineoplastics are contraindicated.
- Certain solid organ and haematologic organ malignancies, as guided by cancer specialists and local guidelines.
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea / anorexia
- Soft tissue damage (if extravasation)
- Lung function.
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge