- Time spent exercising - per day or per month
- Type of exercise - e.g. walking, running, cycling, team sports
Conditions Associated with Physical Inactivity
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Ischaemic heart disease
- Cancers - especially colorectal and breast
- Exercise tolerance is a strong prognostic marker for many chronic conditions such as ischaemic heart disease, heart failure, peripheral vascular disease and COPD.
- How far the patient is able to walk before they are limited by shortness of breath, chest pain or lower limb claudication pain.